We made great progress today!!! Baby Samuel's bilirubin came down to 12.4 this morning and the moved him to a crib with a bili blanket, which is awesome. They told me I could try to breastfeed him today when I came so I was so excited. When Steven got home from work, we went to visit. He was waiting for us because it was past time for him to eat. He was so alert and so hungry.... or so I thought. Not long after I started feeding him, he snuggled up and fell asleep... So sweet. To wake him up to keep him eating, I handed him to Daddy for some special loving and some pictures. Then it was back to feeding.... I fought for an hour to keep him awake to eat, but enjoyed every minute of it. When it was time to leave, they were getting ready to check another bilirubin level. I called at bedtime and it is down to 9!!! If it continues to go down by in the morning and he continues to eat well, they will give us a discharge plan tomorrow!!! Baby Samuel has been dubbed "Sammy the Bull" by a dear friend... I think it fits. He has been a trojan. Here are some of the pictures of the sweet time with Daddy.... Thank you again for all of your prayers and concern... it is working!
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi guys, I sat & cried and then laughed when I saw these pictures! He is a darling and he's going to be FINE! Steven, in that one picture, it looks like he's telling you "what for!". So cute and so big! Wish I could be there when Jason and Sara Kate get to see him. Get some sugar for me.
Love you all,Aunt Pat
Hey, Katie! Congratulations to you and Steven. Samuel Robert doesn't look like a baby who had to have special attention...he looks so big and strong! I'm really sorry about Scout. I remember her funny antics around the pool and her chasing the red laser light on the wall and her precious puppies. We look forward to seeing your whole family soon. Love, Carol and John
Post a Comment