CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Update on Baby Samuel











So far, we have made great progress. As of yesterday, the blood cultures remained negative. That is great news and that means no more antibiotics. He has been eating very well and his breathing has remained normal. The only thing we are waiting on is his bilirubin to come down. It peaked yesterday at 16.5 and they have had him on 3 bili lights. Today it was down to 14, which is promising. They are going to recheck it tonight and if it continues to go down, begin removing the lights one at a time. Then, the only thing we will be waiting on is for him to graduate to a crib from the warming table where they will make sure he can maintain his body temperature. He hasn't had to up until this point, so they want to be sure. So, all that means that maybe mid-week we can bring him home, but it just depends on him.




We finally got to hold him some today and I am just in love. They have been limiting us to keep him on those lights. I can't wait to get him and just hold him and keep him!




I am doing better, still weak from a pretty low hematocrit, but improving daily. I am just so thankful for all the care and expertise I have and am getting from St. V and that everything seems to get better every day. Thanks for all the prayers and calls, please don't stop praying!!!




Love, Kate








4 comments:

Katie said...

So Precious! We loved playing with your children today! I cannot believe how different baby Sam looks! Absolutely precious! We cannot wait to see him again!

Love,
Aunt Katie

Unknown said...

What a handsome boy! I can't wait to see him. We are still praying for him to get better and go home.
Hugs and kisses to you all.
Love,Aunt Pat

Anonymous said...

He is so handsome. Call me when you are ready for a visit.

The Walkers said...

He looks great!!!! I can not wait to meet him! You and your family have been on my mind all of the time. Please let me know if I can do ANYTHING!

Love Ya,

Valerie, Brian, Collin and Amy